The Station Cinema opened in 2007 as part of the redevelopment of the former Victorian railway station in the heart of Richmond. The railway station first opened in 1846 and the last trains left the platform in 1969. In 2006 under the Richmondshire Building Preservation Trust, The Station was restored and its interior reimagined and re-opened to the public in 2007 as a hub for 'Food, Film and Art'. You can find out more about The Station and the Richmondshire Building Preservation Trust here.
The cinema came under the proud ownership of the Richmondshire Building Preservation Trust, a registered charity, in February 2022 and all profits go back into the upkeep and continued restoration of this fantastic building.
The Station Cinema since its inception has strived to welcome a wide range of independent and international cinema alongside Hollywood releases. Drawing audiences and members from across the North and Yorkshire; we've even had a number of international visitors! From charitable screenings, film festivals, community work, creative workshops and in person Director Q&A’s, The Station Cinema has established itself firmly on the map as the region’s leading charitably run independent cinema.
Donations to the Richmondshire Building Preservation Trust are always warmly received and welcomed, and help us continue our committed work in maintaining The Station as a heritage asset for future generations. Please consider donating by clicking here.
Richmond is just 4 miles from the A1/A66 junction at Scotch Corner. The nearest train station is Darlington - 12 miles away and from here there are frequent bus services to Richmond.
There is a local bus service from the Market Place, which runs approximately every 30 minutes and buses to and from Darlington are under the X26/X27 routes with a stop right outside the Station itself.
The Cinema Ticket Office opens at 11 AM daily.